Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Northern New England
Zip Code: 04092
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
As the overall leader of the local sales organization for a given Operating Company, the VP of Sales helps shape and execute the sales vision for the organization by ensuring appropriate processes, systems, people and culture are in place to win in the market. In addition, this position is responsible for the recruitment and development of all local sales leadership and sales associates. Furthermore, his position will be accountable for successfully implementing key changes and programs across all local sales positions.
Overall, this position is responsible for continually increasing MA's selling time and their ability to be a consultative sales associates for our customers.
- As noted in Sysco's Leadership Framework; On-target performance includes exhibiting the following framework components; Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Delivering Business Results and Leading People.
- Lead and direct Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile)
- Collaborates and establishes a productive working relationship with cross-functional departments; including OpCo, Market, and Corporate teams
- Manages the performance and leadership development of Regional Sales Managers, Director of Business Resources, New Business Developers, and all other direct reports
- Champions and drives the productive utilization of Sysco 360 within all local sales departments in order to ensure a high level of accountability and communication
- Successfully drives Sysco brand results and maintains a strong focus on CatMan conversion opportunities
- Partner/coordinate with the Director of Business Resources to maximize the productivity of sales support resources to grow profitable sales
- Participate in all national campaigns and promotions (eg. Corporate Recognition Programs, Test drive events and Quarterly promotions.)
- Accountable for successfully implementing key corporate/market changes and programs across all local sales positions; ensuring all sales associates achieve required behavior changes and performance metrics
- Develops and coordinates sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Fully leverages Territory Planning tools, such as, MA Allocation Tool and Market Analytics for all territory/customers changes or allocations
- Develops and delivers sales budgets
- Directly manages major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Professionally represents Sysco at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company
- Accountable for building and leading the strategy for development of the sales associates and managers by full utilization the CMP process.
- 2 or more years' experience in a Senior Sales management position
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred
- 5+ years' food service sales management experience leading a successful sales team
- Strong leadership and communication skills, able to lead both direct and indirect relationships effectively
- Ability to strategically plan and execute through the actions of others
- Solid analytical problem solving skills, including familiarity with analyzing reports and deriving insights from data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; can derive insights from others through probing questions and collaborative problem solving
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously; Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to use Sysco's proprietary CRM tool for planning and forecasting sales growth
- Demonstrates mastery of skills in the areas of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, coaching, training, presentation and negotiations.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of general finance terminology/concepts and credit terms.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Knowledge of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of SYSCO. Familiarization with customer service activities, inter-departmental communications and general finance concepts
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner
- Understanding of Sysco's key business metrics – preferred
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all the Leadership Framework competencies for this position.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Northern New England is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time