Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Basic Job Concept: Oversee the day-to day functions of night shipping, inbound receiving, packing, order-pulling & packing and stocking of produce/product. Coordinate staffing needs and troubleshoot procedural operations.
- High School Diploma
- Secondary Education Preferred
- 2-5 years warehouse experience required – PRODUCE EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- 2+ years experience as a Warehouse Supervisor required
- Prepare weekly work schedules for each department in Night Warehouse.
- Review inventory on a daily basis; responsible for controlling product shrink.
- Monitor the outflow of product on a daily basis via sales - communicate with the VP of Purchasing and the VP of Operations regarding under/overstock.
- Control payroll, overtime, and credits in each department.
- Enforce standard operating procedures, company policies, and safety rules.
- Prepare timely performance evaluations of personnel in the night warehouse.
- Perform all job functions of the night warehouse and assist when short staffed.
- Continuously review standard operating procedures, adding new procedures and creating better efficiency by altering current procedures upon the approval of the VP of Operations.
- Develop, train, and coach all night warehouse team members for future career advancement.
- Assign coolers to specific employees and hold them accountable for quantity and cleanliness.
- Update product code slots on a continuous/as needed basis.
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the VP of Operations and/or President.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of ADP e-Time Preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems independently and articulate information effectively
- Good communication skills, able to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- WMS knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 -80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to handle up to 80 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint South Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time