Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Industrial Engineer of Supply Chain will support the implementation and maintenance of the engineering program across warehouse and delivery operations for US and/or International locations. The engineer will work independently or with other engineers through the complete life cycle of engineering projects initial audit, and work with OpCo Management through implementation of process changes and standards including supporting communication with employees. Assignments include data collection and analysis, Engineered Labor Standards (ELS) updates, implementation of work methods for warehouse and delivery activities, process improvement initiatives, system configuration and calibration, and continuous education of field leadership and associates on engineering matters.
Areas of responsibility include standards development and maintenance, process and operational analysis, operating company audits, ELS implementation, work methods training, field education and special process improvement projects.
- Responsible for managing the development and maintenance of engineered labor standards for the operations departments at Sysco Operating Companies and other Functional/Business Units through engineered standards software applications such as MOST, UMT, FLEX, SWMS and the use of other traditional Industrial Engineering methods.
- Responsible for the creation, application and monitoring of engineered labor standards to improve productivity, as well as provide timely reporting of operational efficiencies.
- Lead operations team in engineering related areas such as work methods, ergonomics, process improvement, production thru-put, equipment downtime, and safety of the operator.
- Responsible for managing and executing analytical evaluations of operational activities using warehouse operating system data from Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS) and West Monroe Partners' FLEX system.
- Responsible for ensuring all warehouse and labor management systems parameters and configuration data are accurately maintained as well as providing timely issue resolutions with the systems.
- Oversee and provide training on engineered labor standards, industrial engineering and work measurement concepts and tools.
- Perform onsite audits and performance validations with the engineering program including ensuring accurate system configurations.
- Monitor associates productivity results (performance) and assist the warehouse managers in performing associate evaluations, identifying expectations, and poor performance levels (labor system).
- Support and oversee engineered performance related training for associates, supervisors, and other members of the management team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for topics, discussions, and projects related to labor utilization, equipment and facility design, and labor costs and productivity.
- Provide additional overall management and leadership to existing operations team as defined by the Director, Warehouse Operations and/or VP, Operations.
- Support Sysco facilities team activities as requested by the Sr Manager and Director of Industrial Engineering as well as communicating/managing these activities to the local OpCo leadership team.
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested as other duties may be assigned.
- Problem Solving – Is able to address issues immediately and solve problems with effective solutions
- Driving Results – Can plan work effectively and prioritizes tasks/goals and act upon with minimum delays to achieve expected outcomes
- Accountability – Is trusted and honest with work output, takes appropriate steps and ownership with solutions when issues arise and acts with sense of urgency
- Communication – Can effectively and succinctly explain thoughts, ideas and information through written or oral communications
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Can shift gears on priorities and manage change comfortably and demonstrate willingness to adapt to growth opportunities
Education and / or Experience:
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or Logistics
- Minimum 3 years experience in Industrial Engineering in large scale logistics or distribution environment or other industry with Standardized Work with Engineered Standards
- Experience with Industrial Engineering concepts, Work Measurement, Standardization and Process Improvement project work
- Experience with Work Measurement/Data Analysis and Engineered Standards Development
- Prior experience in Consulting, Lean Six Sigma, Lean Warehousing or Facilitation of Process Changes
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Industrial Engineering concepts in relation to work measurement and the economy of motion including labor utilization, work flow and layout, process improvement and standardization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Sr management, OpCo Management group and employees.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and clarify technical information in a manner that engages and persuades others for buy-in.
- Strong ability to identify issues, challenges and the ability to resolve effectively and efficiently with appropriate solutions.
- Previous experience with Time Study methodologies, MOST, MTM or Master Standard Data (MSD) including time study software and Labor Management Systems preferred.
- Strong ability to apply concepts of basic Algebra, Geometry and Statistical data.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, databases, process flow mapping software, AutoCAD, and Minitab.
Key Internal Contacts:
- Industrial Engineering Team
- Supply Chain Engineering Team
- Warehouse and Delivery Associates, Supervisors, Managers, Directors, VPs of Operations and Markets
- SWMS Internal Support System Partners
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies up to 75%.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility or from a remote location.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time