Company: FreshPoint Atlanta
Zip Code: 30213
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
General Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for assisting Controller with weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and other accounting duties and special projects.
Vice President of Finance
- Strong Accounting skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate t Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organized, detail oriented and able to work independently
- Team player, self-motivated and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Strong math skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area
- 1 year of accounting experience preferred, preferably including general ledger accounting experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for accurate/timely preparation of the weekly financial reports to OpCo President, FreshPoint Corporate, and SYSCO Corporate.
- Analyzes and prepares all journal entries.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting of financial statements, preparing and posting journals, printing statements and applicable month-end reports, and period close.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts except bank accounts.
- Prepares assigned schedules for the SYSCO monthly financial package and completes the monthly FreshPoint Pack.
- Calculates monthly sales allowance rebates for all eligible customers.
- Accrues estimated sales allowances weekly.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly state Sales Tax report accurately and timely.
- Calculates weekly sales commission reports.
- Will be trained as backup t payroll processing clerk.
- Leads special projects and year-end preparations.
- Assist with annual self-assessment audit.
- Assist the VP f Finance / Controller in preparing year-end Tax package.
- Assist the VP f Finance / Controller in preparing Annual Profit Plan.
- Assists with Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Investigate and resolve problems escalated through other staff; escalate more complex issues to Manager as necessary.
- Utilize a computer system to research and resolve inquiries.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to departmental Preferred Work Methods (PWMs).
- Conforms to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work will be required as needed.
- God attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Other duties and special projects as directed
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Light lifting of 10-15lb binders required almost daily. Must be able to sit for extended periods. Frequent repetitive motion in hands and wrists.
General office. Office may be adjacent to a warehouse area
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Atlanta is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time