Company: FreshPoint Atlanta
Zip Code: 30213
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This position is the point person for the Operating Company presidents and is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas such as: Financial forecasting, reporting, and analysis. Responsible for providing insight and analysis of financial operating results. Identifies trends and provides recommendations for various profitability drivers, including revenue, margin, expense management, and working capital management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Finance related field.
- CPA certification or MBA is desirable.
- Extensive working knowledge of Excel and able to create sophisticated spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of IBM AS400 desirable.
- Five (5) years for general accounting with consolidation experience.
- Determine the key drivers of variances versus last year results
- Identify underperforming customers and vendors and the key drivers of profitability
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability
- Provide specific analysis as to the key drivers of expenses and the key drivers as to variances to last year and to plan
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Participates in month-end activities, identifies adjusting journal entries to be booked, reviews financials to ensure final numbers are accurate and complete
- Quantify the financial impact of key cost control initiatives
- May participate in shrink committee, credit committee, and other initiatives
- Assist Local CFO and Market CFO with the performance of the forecast
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the forecast
- Work with each department to ensure they understand the overall forecast and how the impact of key initiatives are reflected in forecast
- Ensure overall trends and the impacts of key initiatives are reflected accurately in the profit plan
- Plays a key role in the annual plan process
- Individual must champion and be the local expert in Sysco’s analytical toolbox
- Review and ensure that all vendors’ billings are paid in a timely fashion and uncollectable vendor receivables are properly handled
- Oversee work on special projects utilizing the computer system—financial packages such as G/L, A/P, F/A and P/R. Oversee preparation of reports and spreadsheets using Excel as needed.
- Preparation of weekly sales (FLASH) report.
- Preparation of reporting package monthly.
- Performance of cost analysis for customers whose sales are over 5% of gross.
- Monitor inventory tracking and various other reports.
- Responsible for performance management and development of finance associates
- Perform other tasks as directed by the President.
Must be able to operate a computer effectively as well as other office equipment.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Atlanta is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time