Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Central California
Zip Code: 95382
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Business Developer will report to the Vice President Sales and will work with the Sales Manager and outside sales team. The position will concentrate on the development of new customer business utilizing strategies and best practices that will further perpetuate long term customer retention of all higher valued accounts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently to research and approach new target customers and customer types in line with company goals and sales strategies.
- Work with merchandising or departments to bring in or create new items to market. Create marketing materials to focus on those items. Introduce new items to customers and suggestively sell promotional items.
- Ride- with Mas to assist in closing new accounts, getting better penetration into current accounts, and show new items to new and current accounts. Follow up on all items from those visits either solo or with the MA.
- Promote programs and customer support through outside functions such as food shows and farm markets.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all sales, Value added, and operational departments. Facilitate inter-departmental communication to solve problems and satisfy customer’s needs.
- Attend all sales meetings as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Five years of produce experience required.
- Working knowledge of a distribution warehouse preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Work, Excel, Outlook)
- AS400 experience preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Central California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time