Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Nashville
Zip Code: 37210
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
At FreshPoint we pride ourselves in identifying top tier talent and affording career opportunities to the best of the best. We currently have an exciting opening for a Sales/Marketing Associate at our Nashville location. This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company's products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help FreshPoint customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. In addition to a competitive salary these positions provide full benefits, paid time off, 401k, stock purchasing discounts, and much more. FreshPoint is part of the Sysco (SYS) family and leads the industry in food service distribution. We are a fast paced, high energy, passionate firm that strives to be our Customer’s Most Valued and Trusted Business Partners!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Maintain and increase market share by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain new accounts in assigned territory.
- Identify customer needs and satisfy them profitably.
- Maintain existing customer base through effective customer service skills.
- Identify lost/split customers and inform manager.
- Follow through with customer requests.
- Maintain open communications with other Marketing Associates.
- Introduce new items to customers.
- Up-sell product in excess inventory.
- Input orders into computer system when necessary.
- Attend sales meetings as required.
- Submit all required sales reports.
- Strictly Adhere to both Food safety policies and safety policies. ( Cross contamination, sample delivery, Transportation policy)
- Report all injuries or wrong doings to supervision.
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- General understanding of distribution and warehousing procedures preferred.
- One (1) year experience in a sales related position, preferably produce or food distribution desired.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner, follow through on directions and organize effectively to satisfy the customers’ needs.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
- Maintain auto insurance limits within Sysco Pooling Requirements
- Ability to work rotating Saturdays
- Maintain acceptable MVR
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent, bachelor’s preferred
80% travel (local; in-town). Bending, twisting, turning, climbing and lifting of 21-50 pounds delivering product to customers. Continual driving.
Works primarily outside driving to potential and current customer facilities.
Works inside warehouse as needed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Nashville is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time