Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Southern California
Location: US-CA-City of Industry
Zip Code: 91744
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
General Purpose of the Position:
Purchase quality local product, on time, at a fair price, with the goals of making FPSC’s Farmers’ Market program indispensable to chefs in our area, and growing FPSC’s specialty customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order FM and Local product and input purchase orders.
- Handle all credits and returns promptly.
- Cover Shrink losses as a result of customer returns and dumps/donated products
- Review market reports daily, maintain accuracy and stay up-to-date on ALL item maintenance.
- Provide timely and effective communication with Sales force including but not limited to market conditions, product quality and availability, new items and applications
- Maintain and keep in compliance the Hold Harmless and Certificate of Insurance program.
- Work with Transportation to maximize profitability and reduce market pick-ups, and enhance service to specialty customers
- Coordinate with Sales to maximize the timely utilization of all inventories, maximize inventory turns and reduce inventory shrink.
- Arrive promptly, be prepared and participate in all company meetings.
- Maintain open communication with all departments of the company.
- Submit all reports in a timely manner as requested by your Manager.
- Review of delegated items daily to ensure no negative sales, communicate daily all applicable items for shorts and/or subs.
- Check purchase order confirmations for accuracy on a daily basis.
- Update purchase orders for cost changes as needed prior to receiving.
- Monitor cost changes and communicate the changes to pricing team as necessary.
- Physically review product for quality issues, rotation and age with inventory and QA departments.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule.
- Other duties as required.
FARMERS MARKET ACTIVITY:
- Attend all relevant FMs, that fall within scheduled work week, to manage product purchases, pickups, and deliveries
- Reconcile FM receipts and FPSC POs, log all checks for FM farmers, and confirm payments are correct.
- Update market cost for pricing department
- Assemble customer pre orders and provide instructions for transportation and operations
- Effectively communicate FM information to internal and external customers including pre order confirmations to chefs, pre order costs to Sales Mgt, seasonal item status to warehouse/inventory, etc.
- Identify and onboard farmers in and outside the FM who would bring added value to FPSC’s local program
- Visit farms and conduct farm tours as needed
- Manage Chefs’ Basket program
- Product presentations to sales associates, warehouse staff, and customers
- Represent FreshPoint values to farmers, customers, and the FM community
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Solid understanding of purchasing.
- Complete but ongoing knowledge/education in the AS400.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent knowledge of specialty produce and Farmers’ Markets.
- Strong communication skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively over the phone, good negotiating and interpersonal skills and ability to handle stress effectively.
- Must be able to travel off-site.
- Strong basic math fundamentals and comprehension.
- Able to use computer and other office equipment.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Team player, self-motivated and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Proven ability to interact with a variety of people and work with all levels within the organization in a professional manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combinations of experience and education in lieu of degree required.
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of culinary/food service education and experience required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Office, refrigerated warehouse, outdoor markets, customer locations, farms
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Southern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time