Company: FreshPoint Central California
Zip Code: 95382
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas for the regional hub including: Financial Reporting, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. The position interacts with various departments to resolve payable and receivable issues and lead the financial reporting process and general ledger activities.
- Undergraduate in Accounting or equivalent experience, CPA is desirable
- Five (5) years general accounting with consolidation and management experience
- Must be able to communicate well with others
- Extensive working knowledge of AP/AR processes and strong general ledger background from journal entries through financial statement preparation
- Working knowledge of IBM AS400 desirable
- Extensive working knowledge of Excel with the ability to create sophisticated spreadsheets
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook) required
- Knowledge of federal and state compensation laws and regulations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Recruit, train, performance manage and develop finance associates to support all aspects of the monthly and weekly closing process
- Supervise and direct the work of accounts payable, accounts receivable, imaging, cashiers, and inbound/outbound mail processing associates
- Completes monthly close duties and schedules in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare and file local monthly/quarterly tax returns
- Prepare annual state and federal tax packages
- Oversee and manage the payroll activities of local business
- Collaborate with management to drive process improvement and profitability
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Interact with corporate to coordinate the monthly close, including journal entries, monthly schedules, fixed assets and balance sheet reconciliation activities
- Assist with annual self-assessments and audit activities as directed
- Prepare annual unclaimed property reporting
- Support annual operating plan activities as directed
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- Works primarily in the office and rarely in the warehouse
- Schedule Primarily Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm; extended working hours into evenings and weekends during month end close.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Central California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time