Company: FreshPoint Central Florida
Zip Code: 32809
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
General Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for assisting the Regional Accounting Manager with weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual financial statement preparation and general ledger activities including other accounting duties and special projects as assigned
Regional Accounting Manager
- Strong Accounting skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate t Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organized, detail oriented and able to work independently
- Team player, self-motivated and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Strong math skills
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area
- 1-year of accounting experience preferred preferably including general ledger accounting experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of the weekly financial reports to OpCo leadership, FreshPoint Corporate, and SYSCO Corporate.
- Responsible to complete month end closing activities to include preparing and posting journals entries, schedule preparation, fixed asset and all applicable month-end reporting.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts including bank accounts.
- Prepares assigned schedules for the SYSCO monthly financial package.
- Calculates monthly sales allowance rebates for all eligible customers.
- Accrues estimated sales allowances weekly.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly state Sales Tax reporting accurately and timely.
- Leads special projects and year-end preparations as assigned
- Assists with annual self-assessment audits and other audit activities.
- Assists the Regional Accounting Manager in preparing the year-end Tax package.
- Assists with the Annual Profit Planning process as directed.
- Assists with Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Investigates and resolves problems escalated through other staff and escalates more complex issues to Manager as necessary.
- Utilize a computer system to research and resolve inquiries.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to departmental Preferred Work Methods (PWMs).
- Conforms to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Holiday, Weekend and Overtime work will be required as needed.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Other duties and special projects as directed
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Light lifting of 10-15lb binders required almost daily. Must be able to sit for extended periods. Frequent repetitive motion in hands and wrists.
General office. Office may be adjacent to a warehouse area
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Central Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time