Company: FreshPoint Dallas
Zip Code: 75244
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is a Finance position responsible for supervising and controlling the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Control functions for the region, which includes performing cycle counts of the warehouse inventory, conducting investigations of suspected out-of-balance items and making corrections to the inventory based upon that research, coordinating all special processing of inventory including return to vendor shipments and performing other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must be properly trained and licensed in the operation of powered industrial equipment as appropriate
- HACCP Certification required
- 3 to 5 years inventory control management and supervisory experience required.
- Previous management of other inventory associates including local supervisors and cycle counters
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Database concepts
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two-way communication
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the inventory control, driver check-in and quality assurance functions effectively and directs staff to identify and resolve variance, and potential variances, to achieve an accurate perpetual inventory count and protect company assets
- Responsible for the recruiting, training, and performance management and development of regional inventory control associates
- Maintain, develop, and implement procedures that ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are achieved while minimizing the amount of shrink incurred
- Manage the driver check-in function ensuring that all dues are collected and deposited intact and in a timely manner, all obligations are accounted for and imaged, and all obligation adjustments are accurately made in a time manner
- Review daily inventory reports for possible errors and reports information to Finance, Operations, and Merchandise departments
- Organize and facilitate shrink meetings and identify the root causes for shrink
- Participate in the hiring and training of inventory associates
- Responsible for performance management and development of inventory associates
- Manage the Product Recall process
- Ensure that the Company is HACCP compliant
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Note: The above job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required by the employee and are not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract of employment or a promise of employment for any specified time between an employee and FreshPoint. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities required due to the operating needs of the business.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time