Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Product Category Manager needs to develop overall category and manage its execution on sourcing. They also manage product assortment, pricing recommendations, vendor relationships and reviews to improve cost of goods savings (COGS). They are accountable for identifying and executing transitions and including performance analysis into the ongoing refinement of strategy development and implementation.
- Develop and manage a strategic plan on identification of potential opportunities for domestic buying vs direct sourcing.
- Develop short and long term category objectives aimed at driving the category to meet business growth targets.
- Develop consumer business tree to inform strategy for managing the category.
- Collaborates with regions and divisions to tailor category management strategies to leverage opportunities, mitigate obstacles and drive performance.
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with suppliers and lead negotiation efforts.
- Identify market, new product and category growth opportunities.
- Manage vendor communications and consistently provide vendor performance feedback and resolve complex issues.
- Work with suppliers on new, innovative products.
- Work with quality assurance on setting up product protocols. Establish product specifications for vendors in conjunction with Product Development and monitor performance.
- Manage overall category product assortment, to include the execution of assortment reviews, determining core SKU's, reviewing new vendor items and reducing product duplication
- Develop category level pricing strategies, continually reviewing pricing structure and implementing changes to maximize performance
- 4 year degree in business or related field
- Minimum 5 years of Category management or equivalent experience
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to work in a team setting, drive team results and support change management within the organization.
- Must possess, or be able to rapidly develop, a strong knowledge of products within assigned category and division sales requirements.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time