Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Job Purpose: Maintenance of the buildings, ammonia equipment, and related facilities and systems. Perform related work to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
- Maintain preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the plant, as noted in the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Daily walkthrough, visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations / maintenance staff as needed. Ensure safety procedures in use consistently. (Lock out, tag out, etc.)
- Diagnose problems, finding the root cause, dismantle defective machines and equipment, and install new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings.
- Building maintenance includes: (plumbing & unclog repair, changing lamps & ballasts, door and lock repairs, overhead doors and dock plate repairs, etc.).
- Repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Require to follow GMP’s, Housekeeping and Safety Regulations.
- Responsible for working 8 hour shifts. May require working longer than schedule work hours if necessary.
- Able to maintain ammonia and refrigeration system.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Current or willing to obtain a RETA Level 1 or Level 2 certification.
- Must be Mechanical & Electrical Inclined.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes and operational goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic circuits and machinery that incorporates one or all of these.
- Ability to following directions and instructions.
- Proficiency with electrical testing and measuring instruments (meters)
- Knowledge of PLC and servo controls and how they function.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a wide variety of tools, both hand and power.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Must be SelfStarter, minimal supervision.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong communication: oral & written
- Analytical problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customerservice oriented
- Strong housekeeping and organizational skills. (Clean As You Go)
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when working on a conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees and Freezer -10 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Dallas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time