Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston
Job Summary: The purpose of a Preparer is to assist with the marinating process and accurately document all necessary information.
- Weigh meats before getting marinated.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Make sure that each product gets the correct seasoning and keeping track of tumbling time and formulation information.
- Required to follow all GMP’s and Safety Regulation.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Properly label all products and equipment to conform to all legal and safety regulations.
- Properly and accurately record all necessary data.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Assemble and tear down any equipment in your work are at the beginning and/or end of your shift.
- Achieve product yields and meet deadlines for product readiness.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management. Responsible for working until relieved by manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Prior experience with meat, vegetables, etc.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Experience in operating a forklift preferred
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customerservice oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time