Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Production Planner/Buyer is responsible for the planning, ordering, and control of components and production of products to meet company objectives and customer requirements. Coordinates the production plan to maintain components at the optimal level while maintaining on time delivery to our manufacturing and packaging facility. Manages inventory levels while meeting customer requirements to ensure ship on time. Manages finish good stock levels and places purchase orders for turnkey items with subcontracted manufacturer using Citrix Demand Solutions and PeopleSoft systems.
- Direct and establish a manufacturing production plan that meets forecasted demand for finished products and levels workload according to material, machinery and manpower resources.
- Direct and coordinate the daily production & performance of the production lines to ensure that the manufacturing goals are met.
- Plan production for 100 plus SKU’S based on forecast, contract orders, component availability and line capacity.
- Establish production priorities.
- Plan and execute procurement of finished goods from global manufacturers and suppliers based on forecasts in order to maintain industry standard fill rates.
- Maintain finished goods inventory within established control limits to support demand.
- Evaluate & prioritize business demands.
- Plan and release work orders to the production floor to minimize downtime and maximize line efficiencies.
- Monitor components to assure availability when needed to maintain continuous workflow to production lines while maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Provide & implement strategic plan to meet daily and future requirements to maximize production output.
- Maintain and review the production plan in order to adjust for forecast changes and unexpected sales. Consult and communicate with Purchasing and Managers the required changes using materials resource planning [MRP] system for information and data on present and future demand of product and materials.
- Analyze inventory against present and anticipated demand and monitors it to make necessary changes to expedite or push out orders as needed to support changing production and customer demands.
- Monitor and order materials in time, while keeping inventory levels low enough so that we maintain a ‘just in time’ business philosophy.
- Interact and communicate on a daily basis with Purchasing, Production, R&D, Marketing, and Sales to provide vital information needed to maintain proper inventory levels and service to the customer.
- As a Buyer, plan subcontract production. Review the finished goods stock levels and places purchase orders for turnkey items with the subcontracted manufacturer using Citrix Demand Solutions RP and PeopleSoft systems. Annually place Purchase orders for over $7.5 million dollars based on forecasted finish goods requirements. Manage and meet with subcontracted vendor weekly to review production status and will revise the vendor production plan so as to maintain proper inventory levels, as well as expedite any shortages due to sales increases.
- Manage and oversee purchase orders through the purchasing process. Adjust PO quantities and pricing to match receiving, Subcon production and A/P invoicing. Maintain purchase orders by adjusting to quantities produced, price changes, date changes and cancellations. Force close completed subcon PO’S that PeopleSoft does not close automatically.
- Manage new program launches and communicates timelines with Operations, Marketing and Sales so that programs ship on time. Manage program run outs so as to minimize residual liabilities.
- Regularly interacts and communicates with various internal departments to provide vital information that may be needed to maintain proper inventory levels and service to the customer.
Minumum Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business, materials management or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience Requirements
3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing and or production planning.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to write reports, as well as business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to successfully engage and work in team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook). Ability to learn and apply Guest Supply technology software and programs.
- Strong proficiency with basic computer hardware and software, PeopleSoft Enterprise System or other similar MRP planning/ purchasing / inventory software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position primarily works in a manufacturing office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Limited travel (<10%) may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, customer meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time