Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
For all of us at the Buckhead Meat Companies, Buckhead Pride is much more than our brand… it is how we conduct our business. We take great pride in the products we make, the farmers and packers we buy from, and the customers that we service. We are also proud of our dedicated team of professionals that are passionate about delivering quality and consistency. Buckhead has been through many milestones, including an ownership change to become part of the Sysco Corporation in 1999, but our mission has never wavered. To this day we focus on quality, treat our employees, customers and suppliers with fairness and respect, and continue to create products that represent value. Buckhead has grown to one of the largest, most reputable brands for high quality proteins in the nation, but our business will always be one built on relationships of trust...one customer at a time.
- Load and deliver product within assigned route schedule.
- Unload product by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72” to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and pivot while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from delivery vehicle.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Complete Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconcile with appropriate company representative as required
- Tri state area knowledge
- Clean out trucks/ pallets before parking
- Back hauls must be taken off trucks & put on loading dock
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Valid Class B Driver’s License
- 3 years delivery driving experience
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks in English
- Valid Medical Card
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat Northeast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time