Company: Sysco South RDC
Zip Code: 32615
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Puts away and selects product using mechanized lift handling equipment by performing the following duties in accordance with "Preferred Work Methods." Performs all duties safely, accurately and meets set productivity goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transport pallets of product between staging areas (docks, pack/holds and vas cells) and storage areas (rack).
- Locate overflow product and deliver it to the active pick location to enhance the efficiency of the selection process.
- Inspect product being moved for damage, quality, or deterioration of packing.
- Remove shrink wrap, bands, or tape when putting a pallet into a selection location.
- Work effectively with immediate Supervisor to prevent warehouse shrink (product loss).
- Responsible for the neatness, cleanliness of assigned work area, accuracy of warehouse locations, and travel aisles.
- Report any unsafe issues to supervisor.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules in an effort to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Operate appropriate Material Handling Equipment (MHE), such as forklifts and pallet jacks, in a safe and orderly manner in an effort to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) is maintained; (daily inspection) and clean; report repair or service needs to supervisor in an effort to prevent equipment damage.
- Ensure warehouse computers and Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is used in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook).
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, Food Safety Standards).
- Perform other warehouse duties as assigned.
No supervisory experience needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one year warehouse related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and write simple correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification on Material Handling Equipment (MHE) or ability to become certified.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resource Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly is required to use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, frequently is required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The associate is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move between 31 and 50 pounds; and seldom lift and/or move 51 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment. The associate is frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments including temperatures of -3 degrees. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; contained toxic or caustic chemicals; high voltage electrical equipment and vibration. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco South RDC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time