Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Responsible for management of direct and indirect reports within the either a meat, poultry, or seafood production department. Contributes to establishing policies and procedures for overall company operation. Responsible for financial and non-financial performance of the department..
- Manage cutting room operations and product flow.
- Manage cutting yields, product specifications, and deadlines for product readiness.
- Manage hiring, training, coaching, development, and administrative support of cutting room employees. Complete performance evaluations according to guidelines.
- Scheduling of cutting room employees and operating department within budgetary requirements. Manage labor cost and maintain appropriate staffing levels for business volume.
- Ensure company policies, procedures, safety guidelines, and regulatory requirements are followed by all direct and indirect reports.
- Participate as part of management team to develop and administer business strategy, company policy, and company direction
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties in accordance with accepted current standards and perform other duties as deemed necessary so as to meet departmental and Company objectives
1. Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to identify raw materials and cut steaks or fish.
- Knowledge of production processes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player. Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Computer skills to type documents and create spreadsheets.
- Must be able to work under pressure, prioritize work, work independently as well as with others.
- Weekend work may be necessary; overtime with short notice may be required.
2. Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
3. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. Employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
4. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, kitchen utensils, heat and cold and weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time