Company: FreshPoint Nashville Tomato
Zip Code: 37210
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
Responsible for supplying product to the grading line and for stacking graded product by count and order on to pallets
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stage product from coolers or other areas to packing lines as instructed by the line supervisor or other operations managers; Ability to work with line supervisor and other management to identify and pull product the correct raw product; Load the packing lines with the correct material. Remove and stack empty boxes from the packing lines.
- Weigh and label a mix of products appropriately as they come off of the packing lines; Stack product according to order, quantity, and palletization requirements; Move pallets of product from production to shipping area.
- Ensure that all product has been removed from the production area and placed its appropriate location; Ensure the production area has been cleaned and cleared of all trash and remaining product
QUALIFICATIONS:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
· Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Acute attention to detail
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
· Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
· Basic reading and writing skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school degree or equivalent preferred
This position requires the ability to:
· Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance
· Walk and bend; stand for long periods of time
· Wear appropriate safety equipment
· Wear appropriate personal protective equipment
· Work in a cooler environment – 38 degrees
A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool and noise level can be moderate to high.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time