Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE: The Sr. Analyst’s primary job is to lead cross functional teams within Sysco’s 6 step Category Management process for direct purchasing. The 6 steps includes marketing and customer insights, assortment strategy, strategic sourcing, and national merchandising execution. Category Management is a key strategic capability at Sysco. This job provides the opportunity to work with leaders in Sysco’s product category teams, sourcing, supply chain, procurement, quality assurance, field merchandising, and sales and marketing. As part of the Category Management team, you will be among process improvement experts that will continually refine the Category Management process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross functional teams to drive results within the Category Management process.
- Facilitate team meetings to identify progress on activities.
- Clarify goals and team accountabilities.
- Identify priorities and make appropriate tradeoffs.
- Identify and mitigate risks.
- Reslove complex, cross functional problems with minimal guidance and escalates when appropriate.
- Maintain plans and create perfrmance reports.
- Communicate progress, performance, issues, and risks.
- Analyze and design improvements to the Category Management process
- Develop subject matter expertise in the Category Management process.
- Create and manage improvement plans.
- Collect and analyze process data to identify performance issues.
- Design future state solutions.
- Deliver training and communications.
- Create metrics and track benefits of improvement implementations.
- Coach other members of the Category Management team.
- Continually develop and refine process improvement method and tools.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration focused on MIS, Supply Chain, Finance or Industrial Engineering.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years equivalent industry work experience is required. Knowledge of business improvement methodologies (ex: DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma, etc.) and experience in the practice of business process improvement and reengineering. Functional knowledge of either merchandising, sourcing, category management, procurement, or supply chain.
RPEFERRED EXPERIENCE: Consulting experience (internal or external).
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and general computer knowledge.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Adapt leadership/communication style to the situation and audience.
- Plan and manage work independently.
- Ability to analyze, design, and document business processes.
- Self-starter, highly motivated personality.
- Demonstrates openness to changes and new ideas.
- Challenges status quo; identifies new approaches and spots untapped opportunities.
- Builds strong relationships with customers based on mutual success.
- Anticipates and confronts issues and problems early on.
- Uses facts and selects approaches that will work and have the greatest impact.
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Corporate category teams, sourcing, supply chain, procurement, quality assurance, field merchandising, and sales and marketing Operating companies
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law. This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time