Company: Sysco South RDC
Zip Code: 32615
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This position supervises warehouse and distribution activities to promote safe, efficient, and optimal utilization of our facilities, equipment, and personnel. Ensure work standards are met to receive, put away and ship merchandise in an effective and accurate method. Performs effective, timely communications to respective associates and management as necessary. Maintain and protect warehouse integrity and security. Performs all duties safely, accurately and meets set productivity goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Send/receive positive communication to the responsible associates.
- Monitor receiving and shipping procedures to ensure that products are unloaded, received, put away, selected and loaded in the most efficient manner for the greatest customer satisfaction.
- Implement policies and procedures (Coaching Maximizing Performance Program, Preferred Work Methods, and Best Business Practices) to ensure associates are trained in safety, job knowledge, and attainment of performance standards.
- Monitor yard procedures to ensure that trailers are checked into the yard, in their assigned Warehouse Management location, and checked-out of the yard in the most efficient manner for the greatest yard utilization.
- Monitor associate’s work (Labor Management) and perform associate evaluations on an on-going basis to coach them of expectations, reward above average performance, and identify and coach poor performance levels.
- Monitor work flow, balance staff between all work areas to maintain an even flow, and monitor productivity and volume through the use of WorkInfo (Labor Management).
- Reduce overtime by properly maintaining production standards and communicating when associates are available for other warehouse duties.
- Work effectively with Transportation to maximize flow of receiving and shipping processes.
- Work with Inventory Control and Merchandising to insure that all product integrity is maintained and is properly stored and rotated.
- Foster an environment that encourages associate involvement, commits to quality of work from self and others, and provides leadership for mutual benefit of the company, customers, and associates.
- Ensure that all required associate records, evaluations, and related documentation are filed in a timely, consistent, and accurate manner.
- Act as a problem solver for associate relation issues and department needs.
- Work effectively with Inventory Control to prevent warehouse shrink (product loss).
- Responsible for appearance, maintenance, and security of warehouse and equipment.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules in an effort to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Support the safety effort by participating on the safety committee and working with the safety manager to resolve safety issues.
- Ensure warehouse computers and RF (radio frequency) equipment is used in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook etc).
- Ensure compliance with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Admin., HACCP, Food Safety Standards, etc.).
- Accept additional responsibilities or special projects as requested.
- Will comply with all the Food Safety policies and procedures as directed by the Food Safety Committee and Food Safety regulations.
Directly supervise 15 to 25 associates. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Graduate or GED required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred; or three to five years warehouse related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
It is expected that the incumbent will be able to work in a proactive manner, address issues, and solve problems by using previous education and experience in identifying appropriate actions. Problems will vary in complexity and there will not always be a clearly defined solution. Some solutions may require modifying past applications or creating a solution unique to the current situation but within the regulations that would apply.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification on material handling equipment or ability to become certified. Required to complete supervisory training program.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human Resource Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move between 51 and 75 pounds; and seldom lift and/or move 76 pounds and up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to fast moving material handling equipment or other mechanical equipment. The associate is frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments including temperatures of -3 degrees. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; vehicle emissions; contained toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; high voltage electrical equipment and vibration. The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work (days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco South RDC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time