Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Credit & Collections Representative is responsible for the maintenance and administration of credit limits, payment terms and collection of delinquent accounts receivable for an assigned portfolio of accounts.
Please Apply Directly At:
- Review orders on credit hold and determine within the parameters of company policy whether to remove the order from credit hold or to hold the order pending resolution of the customer’s account.
- Collect monies owed from delinquent accounts within an assigned portfolio and provide guidance to Territory Managers regarding same.
- Respond to statements, answer correspondence and phone requests from customers and Territory Managers, investigate mail returned as undeliverable, and respond to bi-weekly past due notices sent to customers.
- Investigate financial stability and determine credit worthiness of prospective customers applying for credit. Establish, maintain and adjust credit limits and payment terms for existing accounts as per company policy.
- Recommend customers for outsourcing to litigation and prepare collection files for review by the Manager of Credit & Collections.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, or Certified Credit Executive (CCE) credentials.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
3-5 years related credit & collections experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple tasks/deadlines in a fast paced environment. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
- Knowledge of ERP systems (i.e., PeopleSoft) and credit reporting systems (Dun & Bradstreet, Experian).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, limited travel may be required to attend other office locations, company events, staff meetings, training sessions, and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time