Company: Sysco South Florida
Zip Code: 33178
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 12500 Sysco Way, Medley, FL, 33178
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This position will support the purchasing and disposal of Fleet and Warehouse MHE leased equipment for all Sysco and specialty company operations. Create, coordination, and update leased Purchase Orders, as needed. Interface with vendors to ensure on time order placements and delivery expectations. Maintain Fleet and MHE Specification Files and Intranet site data. Maintain open communication with Sysco Property Accounting for new equipment asset creation and special applicable charges (sales tax) for proper asset value/depreciation.Provide communication quarterly on equipment lease expiration (by location) to ensure turn in dates are met and new leased equipment has been scheduled for delivery
- Assist in the processing and payment of all invoices/ rebates associated with departmental and operating company requirements. Maintains filing system for Sysco Fleet & MHE Asset purchases.
- Support of VP Supply Chain, International Food Service Americas
- Create and update PO's. Coordinate and supply SAP equipment ID numbers to OEM Vendors
- Compose/edit correspondence and informational releases to maintain consistency in format and content
- Update and maintain database of equipment specification for operating company reference.
- Provide support to Indirect Sourcing team as needed.
- Gathers information and prepare reports.
- Trains on any new software or programs implemented into the department; then trains other staff members or creates training manuals
- Performs general administrative tasked as required.
- Performs complex administrative duties as needed; admin and other functional back-up for the department
- Processing invoices for Supply Chain Engineering, Delivery, and Enterprise Asset Management Teams
- Act as department liaison with external vendors.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Degree
- 5+ years experience in purchasing, materials management, accounting or office manangement
- Decision-making skills
- Proficiency on the following software applications: Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Report-writing skills
- Ability to organize, schedule and follow instructions independently
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures, interests, objectives and goals
- Must be a team player
- Ability to maintain confidential or sensitive information
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to travel 30-40% of the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco South Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time