Company: Sysco South Florida
Zip Code: 33178
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 12500 Sysco Way, Medley, FL, 33178
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Associate will retrieve product that is not available during the selection process and accurately place product on shorted selection pallet or trailer. Associate will operate reach forklift in replenishment process by lowering stock from high level reserve slots to lower level pick slots during the shift.
- Stocking, selecting and loading product that is not available during the selection process.
- Documentation of inventory control issues, e.g. replenishment forces, slotting recommendations, etc.
- Safety and administrative functions which include but are not limited to, the attendance of safety meetings, pre-shift stretches, pre and post-trip inspections of MHE equipment, donning and doffing of PPE, and work area clean-up.
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Minimum of one year warehouse experience is required; Sysco experience or experience in a high volume distribution environment is preferred.
- Minimum of six months warehouse reach forklift experience is required pallet jack and forklift certification
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of the following is preferred, but not required: inventory control techniques and procedures, forms associated with inventory control, product lines and their dimensions; products sold by Sysco; Sysco safety and security policies; additional equipment associated with warehouse activities and the operation of that equipment.
- Must be able to manage the pressure and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Must be able to life 30-50 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally and 100 pounds rarely.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate powered industrial reach truck, forklift, tugger, and pallet jack
- Pallet jack and forklift certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco South Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time