Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, the Staff Accountant is responsible for preparation of accurate journal entries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position also prepares account reconciliations, manages projects and prepares schedules for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements. The Staff Accountant will report to the CFO and will be based out of our Arlington Heights, Illinois office.
This position is responsible for accounting and month-end close activities which include journal entries, accruals, prepaids, expense reporting, billing, budget vs. actual, timekeeping and payroll processing, and account reconciliations across multiple locations (tracking Site activity, Site payments, and vendor payment management).
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read customer order from label screen and select product by slot & description.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets in proper sequence. Attach labels on product.
- Properly operate electric pallet jack (2-pallet length) to proceed to correct slot location, and transport product to dock area for staging.
- Handle products with necessary care, so as to limit damage.
- Report any damage of merchandise, equipment or facility to a supervisor.
- Perform daily equipment checks.
- Assist in clean-up of the facility and sign off on daily cleaning area that supervisor may assign to Selector.
- Sign in and out for all equipment when used by the associate.
- Use basic communication skills to understand work systems, instructions, etc.\
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
General supervision is received from Day or Night Assistant Warehouse Manager.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required.
- Six months of prior warehouse experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle up to 80 lbs.; 20 lbs. regularly is required
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time