Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Use analytical and critical thinking to ensure consistent and accurate customer and supplier pricing, perform pricing analysis, research root causes of contract and data discrepancies, post adjustments to customer and supplier accounts, proactively assist in process improvement, and assist completion of projects when necessary. Assist the Team Lead, Analyst and other business partners help find solutions to problems and monitor workflow of team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively administers customer or supplier pricing, agreements, and rebates through precise data entry to assure Sysco’s profitability is maintained
- Serves as point of contact for cross-functional processes and projects
- Proactively monitors team’s work quality, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation
- Develop, coordinate, and lead organizational and team specific training activity for both new hires and continuous learning for current team members
- Independently manage and prioritize requests of varying priority and urgency
- Resolve contract administration related inquiries and compliance related concerns from internal and external customers as well as suppliers
- Communicates with internal and external departments and customers to ensure accurate contract and costing implementation throughout Sysco network
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Team Lead or Analyst when needed and provide mentorship
- Escalates issues when necessary related to contract adjustments/changes
- Performs all required duties utilizing standard procedures within established benchmarks/service levels
- Collaborates effectively with other team members to accomplish shared goals
- Must develop knowledge of cost and price components as well as system knowledge to execute responsibilities and to identify opportunities and root causes to advise Sysco teams
- Attends required team functions as scheduled
- Participates in the SBS M4 business practices (includes documenting / maintaining standard processes, performing and measuring metrics, and actively participating in continuous improvement initiatives)
- Performs special projects as assigned by leadership
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
High School Diploma or equivalent
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1 year in SBS Pricing & Agreements, 2 years Sysco experience or 3 years professional experience in an accounting, leadership, analytical, or training role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook & Excel
- Minimum of 1 year in SBS Pricing & Agreements, or 4 years professional experience in an accounting, leadership, analytical, or training role
- Basic computer proficiency – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with ERP systems
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic computer proficiency
- Microsoft Office (strong Excel skills)
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills to create a positive team environment.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to independently and proactively resolve problems within established parameters.
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve conflicts, coordinate work with others and interpret policies on own initiative.
- Ability to research information, analyze data, arrive at valid conclusions, and provide recommendations for plans of action.
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization both orally and written.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with both internal and external clients.
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Sysco Sales Management
- Sysco Procurement Management
- OpCo Management
- SBS Functional Areas
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SBS Cypress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time