Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: SBS Cypress
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 8
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Network Services team works to enable our business to lead in a market that is increasingly enhanced by technology. Sysco is undertaking a substantial technology transformation in the area of Networking and Cloud Services. Sysco currently has an opportunity for a SR Network Engineer.
- Evaluate, design and maintain the most highly technical and complex aspects of existing and proposed network solutions. This includes WAN, LAN, Security, Load Balancing, and Wi-Fi solutions.
- Designs, oversee implementations, assist with troubling shooting outages, maintain highly advanced network strategies to meet a broad spectrum of business requirements
- Maintain key Network devices on a day to day bases
- Partner with 3rd party teams and managed service providers
- Lead simple to complex projects start to finish with proper documentation (SOW’s, As Builds, & Diagrams)
- Network Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include both operational and project-based elements
- Supports the user community via Remedy tickets, and assist in problem resolution
- Make recommends of advanced solutions which includes both hardware and software
- Prepare network designs, lead implementations, or perform modifications to complex network solutions
- Monitors operations of LAN, WAN, Load Balancing, VPN, Security, and Wi-Fi.
- Manages relationships between telecommunications carriers, managed services, other teams, and user community
- Acts as the Network SME for the team
- Monitors all aspects of projects and day to day operations as it relates to network services
- Technical Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, maintain, recommend, and support local and remote portions of the Sysco enterprise network.
- Creates and maintains detailed project plans, scopes of work, network diagrams, and other technical documentation of the enterprise network.
- Provide timely project status updates to customers, PMO Teams, and management.
- Preforms operational task with Remedy ticket support.
- Understanding and ongoing support of all LAN, WAN, VPN, WLS, IPT, Load Balancing, Security, content filtering, and DataCenter related operations.
- Work in an enterprise IT environment with specific tasks related to network security, and firewall administration. Conduct regular compliance assessments of the enterprise network environment.
- Participate in design and strategy meetings for assigned IT projects for the enterprise network.
- Work with various IT and business based groups as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Perform complex problem isolation within the network infrastructure.
- Provide continuous research, assessment, recommendations, and implementation of new technologies as needed by the Sysco organization.
- Expected to be available 24X7X365 as required to maintain the enterprise infrastructure.
- Participate in an enterprise infrastructure On-call rotation.
- Participate in an advisory role with other IT and Business based groups as it relates to networking.
- Lead implementation efforts across the enterprise network and insure that projects are executed according to design, within project time frames, and budget
- Develops and recommends strategies for network growth, Wi-fi, Load Balancing, security, and other network enhancements by maximizing functionality of routers, switches, Wireless, and firewalls.
- Conduct, research, and recommend solutions as it relates to capacity planning for the enterprise network.
- Support the campus environments as required, remote site locations, and corporate Data Center Locations
- Develop operational knowledge of Network based tools that support the enterprise network environments.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Network Services Leadership team.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, with eight or more year’s previous network experience required.
- Certificates such as CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert), and/or MCSE preferred.
- F5 Load-balancers
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Cisco WAAS
- Cisco TACACS
- Cisco ASA Firewalls with multiple contexts, and failover configurations
- Cisco Catalyst 6500’s, 4500’s
- Cisco Nexus 9000 / 7000 / 5000 / 2000 products
- Cisco VSS
- Cisco Stackwise & Flexstack switches
- Cisoc Wireless Controllers
- Motorola Wireless
- QOS – Voice and Video Enviroments
- Remote Cloud Serivces (AWS, SoftCloud, Azure)
- VM Enviroments
- TCP expert / Application performance expert
- EIGRP & BGP
- Sniffing and ability to read a trace
- Network Tools – Fluke, InfoBlox, Solarwinds,
- Network drawings & design documentation (Visio)
- Routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP)
- Switching and switching technologies (Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, Stack technology, 802.1q, LACP / Ether channel, HSRP, VRF, VSS..)
- Experience in a large enterprise environments (> 300 sites)
- Sniffer / packet capture capability
- Remote site performance investigation
- 24x7x on-call rotation based on the number of people on our team
- Hands-on experience with networks including physical layer infrastructure, Cisco based LAN, WAN, IPT, WLS, Firewall hardware (Cisco & Checkpoint), F5 Load Balancing, Bluecoat Proxy, Cisco WAAS, SNMP based software, and interconnecting devices.
- Proven knowledge and practical application of network security across firewalls.
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate sound solutions based on formal training, research, and expertise with little guidance from management.
- Possess a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and dependable.
- Strong LAN, WAN, Security, Wireless, Load Balancing, and VPN troubleshooting capabilities.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of technical concepts, practices and procedures.
- Solid written and verbal communication.
- Must present exceptional leadership, problem solving, decision making, and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a remote capacity.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Certificates such as CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert), and/or MCSE preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The physical demands include the installation of Network devices that will be mounted in communication-based racks, and/or cabinets. Requires operation of a drill driver, and/or screw driver.
- The physical demands include installing patch cords, cross connects from patch panels, or demarcation points to Network devices. Installing a patch cord at a desk location
- May require being on a lift or ladder for short intervals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Position may require travel to remote locations. Estimated travel 10%
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility or from a remote location
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- This position requires performing task from office and warehouse spaces including cold areas
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
SBS Cypress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time