Company: FreshPoint Atlanta
Zip Code: 30213
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
Basic Job Concept:
Effectively supervise the Value Added Department (Repack and/or FC), which consists of a crew of up to 75 associates. Ensure that all standards and procedures are in place to have the department run in an efficient manner. Set department goals that will help meet upper management expectations and other company goals.
VP of Operations
Value Added Manager
Day Warehouse Manager
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in a production environment a plus.
- General knowledge of produce.
- Solid understanding of produce varieties handled in a wholesale operation.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a fast paced shipping environment (produce environment preferred).
- Ability to articulate information effectively.
- Ability to evaluate and manage personnel.
- Minimum of one year experience on fork lift, pallet jack, and battery changing equipment.
- Maintain and effectively operate the scheduling of all personnel.
- Set department goals and procedures which will optimize production while not sacrificing quality.
- Supervise Repack department’s employees in a manner which will nurture a positive and cohesive work environment.
- Ensure quality of product is acceptable and meets standards.
- Communicate with other departments regarding product quality, inventory issues, etc.
- Enforce all safety rules and regulations.
- Detail oriented and hands-on.
- Perform any other requests or instructions asked by Value Added Manager
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Strong background in computer software including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight from 10 lbs to 100 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Must possess the ability to work in a cold environment for excess periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Atlanta is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time