Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Montana
Zip Code: 59101
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
The ideal candidate will be available to work the following schedule: Sunday - Thursday 8:30 PM - 6:30 AM.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This is a cutting edge Operations position responsible for directing activities in the Delivery Service Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: analyzing delivery data from multiple data systems, collaborative direction to delivery supervisory staff, specific direction to drivers, problem solving for routing or delivery issues, and safety and compliance.
- Analyzes large amounts of data coming into the Delivery Service Center, including driver tracking systems, delivery timing systems, traffic reporting, and email or phone calls from drivers, sales, and external customers
- Prioritizes all incoming data to determine which problems or delays should be managed first
- Diagnoses root cause issues with delivery times or route efficiency, including potential delivery route issues or delays
- Makes quick decisions to support delivery drivers for issues such as broken equipment, and coordinates required repairs with appropriate departments
- Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to resolve any customer or delivery issues
- Manages up-to-date database of delivery status and delay remediation, and sends data report emails to leadership several times throughout the day
- Supervises adherence to standard operating procedures, planned routes, and safety requirements
- Supervises labor hours and directs labor activities to stay within budget. Recommends work schedule and efficiency changes including stop changes, classification changes, customer open/close times, and delivery window expectations
- Reviews delivery productivity reporting with supervisors and ensures driver performance through data analysis and coaching, including recommendations for disciplinary action where required
- Coach drivers in the performance of their duties while not having direct supervisor authority
- Interprets, trains and consistently applies company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, performance expectations and safe work methods
- Coordinates efforts with Transportation Road Supervisors and Safety Trainer to ensure consistent training, including conducting associate observations
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Supervisory experience highly preferred
- DOT training and/or certification preferred
- HazMat Certification preferred
- Two or four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred
- Independent problem solving and quick decision making with many variables and limited standardization
- Interprets instructions and applies standard procedures given in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Manages the pressures and stress associated with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and able to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies and Corporate in a proactive and constructive manner
- Compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effectively presents information to associates, groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Able to read, comprehend, write and speak English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Proficient keyboard and computer skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Montana is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time