Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Corporate Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
A newly created position responsible for the development and execution of Sysco’s supplier diversity strategies that support our 2025 Corporate Responsibily Goals as well as direct and manage the overall supplier diversity program. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing and will be responsible to foster the promotion, growth and further development of our diverse supplier base. This individual will collaborate internally with strategic sourcing and business teams, to identify opportunities for existing and new diverse suppliers. They will also act as a Sysco’s subject matter expert and represent Sysco in community groups and relevant third party relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This role will be the face of Sysco’s supplier diversity program both internally and externally and will function as the ambassador of the program. They will provide leadership and direction on all matters of supplier diversity; ensures the program’s policies and procedures are continually reviewed, developed and implemented.
- Responsible for building and clearly communicating supplier diversity strategy including, initiatives to increase spend, increase visibility both internally and externally for the program, develop programs to mentor and work with suppliers to increase supply base, and create and send analyses to internal and external stakeholders to report customer and cross-functional departments supplier diversity spend needed for government reporting for contract and diverse spend requirements.
- Drives leadership accountability and engagement of supplier diversity initiatives across all business units while being accountable for the overall program success.
- Innovate and improve data collection, analysis and reporting to drive accuracy and consistency.
- Creating and managing the direction of all supplier diversity spend reports to provide metrics for internal and external stakeholders to include but not limited to operating companies, customers, and industry groups, includes Tier 1 (and Tier II) reporting.
- Develops an awareness and knowledge of various sourcing initiatives, working cross-functionally with various business partners to integrate supplier diversity into category and cost savings strategies.
- Directs supplier diversity inquiries, reviews and responds to inquiries appropriately.
- Builds relationships with perspective suppliers and facilitates showcase opportunities and stakeholder engagement.
- Represents Sysco by attending and participating in regular events and meetings; including participation on panels, industry groups and in workshops.
- Partners with cross-functional groups such as Diversity & Inclusion, Human Resources and Corporate Social Responsibility to deliver supplier diversity and sustainability initiatives.
- Accountable for Supplier Diversity P&L. Creates and manages $150k supplier diversity annual budget. Makes decisions on annual spend, adjusts, plans and updates budget accordingly.
- Identify and qualify potential diverse suppliers for both strategic and ongoing spend.
- Develop and maintain effective supplier certificate validation to ensure reliability of supplier diversity data.
- Develops marketing and media materials for supplier diversity marketing and communications.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 7 to 10 years experience in Purchasing, Merchandising, or Supplier Diversity Business. Working knowledge of corporate supplier diversity programs and government regulations pertaining to diversity suppliers.
- Minimum 5 years of supplier management experience. Supplier Diversity experience preferred
- Supplier Diversity certification such as CPSD (Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity) or comparable diversity certification
- Proven track record of leading complicated projects and a high performing team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPointr
- Experience working extensively with suppliers or customers in a joint business planning environment
- Team and project management background
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strategic mindset that is able to build comprehensive plans using fact-based problem solving
- Creative thinker who can identify opportunities and determine ways to address them through new initiatives.
- Collaborative team player who can work across functions throughout the company (e.g. Sourcing, Merchandising, Operating Companies)
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver superior results in a fast paced environment
- Relationship-focused individual who is able to form close, effective and cooperative relationships with professional associations and special interest groups.
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Aptitude to think creatively and to identify new ways to approach old problems
- Exhibits an executive presence and communicate effectively at all levels
- Knowledge of P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Must demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances.
- Self-motivator with intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
KEY INTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Category Management
- Operating Company Merchandising
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- This position must be performed from the corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- Must be able to do limited travel.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- Applicants must have US citizen or appropriate travel documents, with the ability to travel abroad to Canada and/or Europe.
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background and drug screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Corporate Enclave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time