Company: Sysco Bahamas
Location: Nassau-The Bahamas
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Sysco Bahamas is seeking a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of DIESEL MECHANIC SUPERVISOR in the Operations Department.
To provide safe, reliable, and cost efficient vehicles by performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment with in planed time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment in accordance with all Local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all Road Traffics required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, refrigeration units (Reefer), lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment.
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any company owned equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair to refrigeration units (Reefer).
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, and efficiently.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Mentor, teach and share expertise with Fleet Technician I and II to aid in their development to positions of greater responsibility.
- May perform moderate supervisory roles when Fleet Manager or Fleet Supervisors are not accessible.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC low voltage)
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE:
- Medium / Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school and 4 years of experience or 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
- High school diploma or GED required
- Current and valid driver's license
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- ASE certifications – Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks
- EPA section 608 (Core & Type II) and 609 HVAC – Refrigeration Certification
- Working knowledge of computer based diagnostic software for OEM's and component manufacturers
- Technician must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of refrigeration systems
- Expert knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance Inspections and repair
- Moderate knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Moderate computer skills and knowledge
- Expert knowledge of all Road Traffic regulations
- Moderate knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Moderate knowledge of environmental regulations
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Bahamas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time