Zip Code: 99501
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Facility Maintenance Technician is essential for “hands-on” day-to-day general upkeep of the facility by maintaining implemented programs, emergency work orders and scheduling work accordingly. Adhere to all safety programs, policies and procedures as defined in the Fresh Point Safe Manual. Responsible for executing the cleaning, repair and preventative maintenance of the building and grounds in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- General understanding of building maintenance, refrigeration, plumbing, processing equipment, and welding accepted practices and procedures
- Valid driver license with good motor vehicle record.
- Must show proof of auto insurance at required levels to drive a company vehicle.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook and Excel.
Essential Duties: (essential functions are in bold)
- Engages daily in building, grounds, sanitation, refrigeration systems, power industrial equipment and security systems maintenance.
- Perform Light Maintenance and cleaning in accordance with all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Perform light maintenance, under the direction of the Operations Manager, including but not limited to: Using power and hand tools, industrial equipment, minor non-technical plumbing and electrical work.
- Documents and maintain files for audit purposes.
- Conduct regular inspections and ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the facility.
- Follows preventative maintenance schedules for all systems, equipment, and buildings including: HVAC Systems, fire protection and security Systems, electrical and energy management, dock doors/dock plate systems, power industrial equipment, building components (roof, interior & exterior floors/walls, doors, paved surfaces and landscaping).
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of (3) years related experience in facilities repair and maintenance.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel crouch, climb, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor. Occasionally, the associate may be required to lift to 50 pounds sometimes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the asssociate is regularly exposed to extreme cold temperatures and sometimes wet conditions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
DiTomaso is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time