Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
This is a sales management position responsible for the improvement of market position and achieving financial growth by defining long-term strategic goals, identifying business opportunity, finding potential new customers and negotiating contracts to secure their business. Working with the Regional Sales Managers, District Sales Managers, Program Account Executives, Operating Company Business Review Teams, and Marketing Associates, the Business Development Manager develops relationships with prospects and transitions these accounts to the sales force.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the VP of Sales on the development of a comprehensive business development strategy
- Identify business development opportunities to propose new business, and drive such opportunities from concept to execution
- Manage and oversee all multi-unit and LLC accounts. Take full responsibility managing accounts and creating relationships with the lead purchasing and Chefs for all units
- Meet directly at the unit level to continue to grow the relationships needed to manage the accounts day to day
- Identify opportunities for promotions, additional services, and distribution avenues that will lead to an increase in sales
- Review weekly, monthly and quarterly sales objectives and results for target accounts and prepare action plans where improvement is needed
- Attend and support in managing food shows that Newport Meat is involved with
- Conduct quality business reviews for existing customers
- Develop strong working relationships with brokers, distributors, company and foodservice industry peers
- Facilitate tour, for guests coming into Newport Meat, both street customers, Multi unit and LLC
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrate mastery of skills in the area of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, coaching and negotiations
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously
- Ability to effectively coach and train and associates
- A working knowledge of product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of Sysco preferred.
- Familiarization with customer service activities, interdepartmental communications and general finance concepts beneficial
Working knowledge of food service sales and merchandising principles, food sales industry, street/territory and program sales, and product lines sold
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time