Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Manager of Operations
OVERVIEW:Responsible for the accurate, efficient, fiscally responsible daily work and safety of inbound and outbound warehouse and transportation.
- Directly oversee personnel in warehouse and transportation area. May include combination of supervisors, leads, and individual contributors on multiple shifts.
- Overseeing budget management including labor, supplies, company assets, and maintenance/repair and third party contracts.
- Monitor the condition and maintenance of the warehouse equipment and fleet to ensure that they are all kept consistent with safety, sanitation and appearance.
- Communication with merchandising and sales to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues.
- Analyzing facility to ensure proper storage, receiving and shipping capabilities.
- Conduct audits assuring all required inspections and documentations are completely accurate and meet DOT and OSHA regulations.
- HS diploma required, 4-year degree preferred
- 3 years of operations management experience
- Ability to engage and lead employees, knowledge of governmental regulations, math skills, communication skills, ability to work in an ever-changing environment, interpersonal skills
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Adjustments to the operations of the warehouse and transportation areas to achieve key metrics such as expense and revenue management
- Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Changes to the profit plan to maximize operations efficiency.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Houston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time