Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing and sourcing new textile products for hotels and evaluating and optimizing existing products to improve performance. Also manage costs and increases efficiency in handling of products at the customer end.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT:
- Develop and quote price on new textile products requirements from National Account team, sales and textile specialist; work with QA, marketing and purchasing team to test the products, set up new product SKUs—transfer from product development to commercialization.
- Cost management-analyze pricing on new and existing products and negotiate pricing if necessary; adjust pricing in the system for any cost adjustments (IPX cost, Share Cost and Salesman Cost).
- Handle RFP projects (obtain MFG cost from different vendors, price analysis, handle RFP samples, etc.).
- Maintain product specifications; answer specification questions from other departments (sales and marketing); execute specification change with vendors.
- Help overseas offices (HK, UK, China, Canada and Dubai) to develop their custom products and quote price. Provide global price list quarterly to overseas offices.
- Sampling: review and provide approval on production samples, handle sample request from different departments (for samples not on sample website).
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Textiles, Textiles Merchandising required or equivalent years of experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 4-6 years of experience in sourcing and product development in textiles manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively and able to work independently.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and customers.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Strong negotiating skills.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts (including pricing and forecasting)
- Proficient use of forecasting applications, and MS Windows and Office (Word based modeling skills, Excel power user, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Outlook), Adobe Illustrator and Database experience.
- Experience with textiles product construction and manufacturing
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision and direction to peers in textiles development.
- Demonstrated experience in managing product gross margin
- Strong quantitative skills
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the U.S., Asia, South America & Europe
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time