Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 54 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer is responsible for all textile testing and resolution of related customer issues. The QA Engineer will also provide technical guidance during the product development phase and work with offshore suppliers and third party testing labs to ensure that the Company’s textile products comply with established industry standards.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT:
- Request, review and approve test reports from vendors, third party testing agencies and commercial laundries. Work with labs to resolve discrepancies with reports. Maintain detailed testing history, including physical and electronic files as required. Communicate finds to stakeholders.
- Define and maintain product specifications on Quality Management Systems portal. Determine testing requirements based on product claims. Provide care instructions for different textile articles.
- Partner with fabric suppliers, fiber and chemical companies and testing labs to maintain fabric related awareness of technical trends, innovative fibers, new technologies, finishing techniques, etc.
- Provide technical analysis to resolve customer complaints.
- Assist in comparative analysis of products from competitors.
- Review and approve product development samples in collaboration with Project Managers.
- Collaborate with Product Development team to determine technical feasibility of a new product development project. Consult with customers, suppliers and testing agencies to establish product performance criteria.
- Conduct inventory audits at Warehouse.
- Conduct factory audits at off-shore supplier locations.
- Work with compliance team on evaluating and monitoring vendors.
- Participate in product development and vendor review activities.
- Update QA related documents.
- Keep abreast of all federal, state and local laws as it pertains to testing and restricted substances. Communicate such changes to all Company manufacturing facilities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cross functional partners through clear communication skills and responsiveness to business needs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Textile Technology.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 2-5 years related “hands on” experience in textile industry, including understanding of related manufacturing, marketing, supply chain, etc. processes and knowledge of textile testing protocols.
- Familiarity with the tools, concepts and methodologies of quality management.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, inter-department staff, customers, suppliers and other third party agencies. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, suppliers, third party agencies and the general public.
- Ability to write technical reports, explaining the value proposition of the Company’s products.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure.
- Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and customers.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Normal Office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other equipment; and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, travel (approx. 20%) may be required to attend other company facilities, company events, staff meetings, training sessions, customer meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards and maintain current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time