Company: Newport Meat Northern California
Zip Code: 94539
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Northern California
We are seeking a Bilingual HR Manager (must speak fluent Spanish) to partner with leadership to successfully execute local, regional, and corporate human resources programs/initiatives within the Meat Company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITES
• Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations. Develop, implement, and administer (through a variety of techniques) the management-labor relations area of the Human Resources program in an effort to improve labor relations.
• Ensure that the company is in compliance with all State and Federal regulatory agencies and employment laws.
• Communicate all benefit programs to associates and complete associated processes in a timely and correct manner.
• Develop and/or oversee compensation policies, procedures, and programs. Provide guidance on compensation strategy planning and administration. Communicate compensation policies, procedures, and programs to associates.
• Develop and establish associate training and educational programs in an effort to upgrade managerial, technical, and support level productivity.
• Assist with facilitating the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts in the Meat Company.
• Monitor workers’ compensation claims and coordinate work between associates and insurance carrier. Assist Safety personnel in prevention programs, training and education.
• Investigate problems, such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and associate and applicant appeals.
• Monitor unemployment claims and assist departments with appeals.
• Oversee the performance management process, working with Meat Company leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations, providing training and consultation as necessary.
• Work with Meat Company leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans. Coordinate recruiting efforts with Sysco Business Services to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled associates are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover.
• Coordinate orientation process for new Meat Company associates and Develop and maintain the company's Affirmative Action Program.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources management, three years of which have been in a supervisory position or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking & Speech Clarity: Talking to others to convey information effectively and the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension: Listening to and understanding information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension: Reading and understanding information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Expression: Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression: Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Deductive Reasoning: Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity: Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Fluency of Ideas: Coming up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Northern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time