Company: Buckhead Meat of Denver
Zip Code: 80229
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Successful candidate is a dynamic and driven performer that can successfully build relationships with customers and OPCO’s.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new business at an aggressive rate, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet their needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Lift/carry laptop and sales materials weighing up to 40 lbs., to and from office, home, car, and customer locations.
- Provide a lost business reports on a weekly basis. Provide a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis. Provide a target list of new accounts monthly. Attend sales/training meetings each week.
- Review and discuss weekly with management your gross sales, gross profit, target account progress, new account sales, lost accounts, account receivables and company performance levels relative to your accounts.
- Penetrate and increase sales in the existing and new accounts assigned to the position.
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events. Attend and participate in general sales and district meetings.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly reports such as special order requests, customer bid files, and sales/gross profit margin data.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining sales records, processing credits and pick-up requests, preparing sales quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Work various food shows within their region.
- Make presentations to various groups of customers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 yrs foodservice protein sales experience
- 5-7 years of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook, Word Perfect, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- Valid driver's license with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Ability to read, write, speak Englis
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or an Asian Language
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal or Meat Science, Sales and Marketing, or Culinary Arts
- 5-7 years of meat protein processing or protein procurement experience
- Proven record of success in competitive sales environment
- Highly motivated, a success driven self-starter
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This positions will require regular travel utilizing personal vehicle and may result in longs periods of sitting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on customer needs.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Buckhead Meat of Denver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time