Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint South Texas
Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Zip Code: 78218
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Maintain and increase market share by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify customer needs and satisfy them profitably.
- Receive incoming calls from customers; key orders into AS400.
- Handle calls from drivers (i.e. issues on route, delays, and coordinate pick ups at produce companies).
- Extract and verify orders from electronic order system and voicemail.
- Maintain existing customer base through effective customer service skills.
- Foster solid working relationships with other departments.
- Follow through with customer requests.
- Maintain the policy / price books and Excel sheet.
- Introduce new items to customers.
- Up sell products when appropriate.
- Print routes for shipping department.
- Provide back up for all jobs falling under the Customer Service Department when necessary
- Perform any other duties as requested by Customer Service Manager
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner, follow through on directions and organize effectively to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- One (1) year experience in data-entry preferred
- One (1) year experience in the restaurant/hospitality industry preferred.
- AS400, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint South Texas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time