Company: Newport Meat Northern California
Zip Code: 94539
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Northern California
The Inventory Manager will provide direction on the development, improvement and maintenance of our inventory process. The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for the overall integrity and accuracy of the physical inventory of the company. Key functions include the planning, execution and reconciliation of full physical inventories and cycle count processes, as well as control of inventory throughout the distribution process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performance of annual inventory
- Reconcile and report on cycle counts performed
- Works closely with buyers to communicate potential overages and shortages of product
- Ensures product integrity by ensuring proper product rotation.
- Monitors aging inventory and works closely with department managers to minimize spoilage
- Proficient in reading cycle count reports and performing proper research and adjustments
- Troubleshoots all issues related to inventory and product movement.
- Works closely with buyers, and the production team on the reconciliation of inventory
- Provides a high level of professionalism when working with internal and external business partners
- (Other Duties as Assigned)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Inventory Control
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Analytic thinker with excellent problem solving skills, including math related functions
- Able to work a flexible schedule; evenings, weekends, holidays with travel and overnight travel as needed
- Ability to multi-task several priorities and possess solid time management skills
- Flexibility when encountering evolving business objectives
- Able to work independently and in cross functional team environments
- Ability to operate independently and manage planning activities while maintaining team communication
- Highly organized and process oriented
- Physical requirements include lifting/pushing up to 50lbs, frequent standing, walking, bending, and reaching.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Northern California is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time