Company: FreshPoint Southern California
Location: US-CA-City of Industry
Zip Code: 91744
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
Assist Distribution Management with the daily clerical function and dispatching of routes in the distribution department. Also assist with warehouse functions, and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor or Manager.
· Transportation Management
· Delivery Drivers
· Warehouse Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- communicate well within department and sales department.
- Excellent customer service communication required
- Maintain daily dispatch log containing start times, driver, route number, and material handling equipment required for each delivery truck.
- Take care of the customer’s and drivers needs while following company procedures
- Find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- As dispatchers receive a large number of calls and problems at the same time, they need to stay organized and prioritize the order of calls.
- keep track of the progress that drivers make along their routes
- Handle request and complaints from customers in a professional manner.
- Schedule all trucks and pickup from the Purchasing Department
- Address and make changes on the fly on backhaul scheduling
- Manage 2nd Runs (Routing) – from order entry to routing to delivery
- Monitor delivery progress via @XRS
- Send and receive message via XRS system
- Record delivery information and transmit via e-mail
- Address any driver concerns and issues.
- Verify C.O.D., will-call, and employee orders according to company procedures
- Efficiently coordinate and utilize driving force
- Enter catch weights
- Help router release paperwork for night operations
- Enter orders left on voice mail
- Make corrections to invoices
- Release invoices and drivers manifest
- Total operation numbers for specified delivery day
- Set up all paperwork for transition to Night Dispatch.
- Release paperwork timely for night operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Overtime may be required
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
· Proven ability to effectively communicate articulately and perform simple mathematics (experience in cash handling preferred).
· Must be able to work until daily job duties are completed. This may require working longer than your scheduled work hours.
· Must have strong reading, writing, and bilingual skills preferred.
· Experience using Windows and other software programs required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma (or equivalent)
· Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Strong 10-key skills
· AS-400 experience (preferred)
· Detail Oriented and data entry accuracy
· Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk in a cooler environment.
· Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
· Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
· Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
· Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
· Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.