Company: Trinity Seafood
Zip Code: 08701
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position requires assisting with the operational, sanitation, and customer service functions after normal office hours have ended.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the expediting of PM OPCO order processing, loading, and departure
- Complete pre-operations checklist and administrative record keeping
- Monitor and update Trace Register as needed, work with purchasing to ensure accuracy of information
- Reconcile perpetual inventory to actual physical inventory, adjust as needed, and document discrepancies for Merchandising to review
- Run daily random cycle counts on frozen inventory and communicate results to Merchandising
- Answer live customer calls with the goal of maximizing upsell opportunities on specials offers, substitutions for out of stock items, and build better customer relationships via excellent service.
- Retrieve and process all orders submitted via email, text, voice mail, or customer website portals.
- Review existing orders to ensure they are aligned with actual inventory availability.
- Prepare and print all production paperwork and pick tickets so it is ready for when the Production Team arrives
- Responsible for HAACP & SQF record keeping and support documentation
- Allocate products to drive efficiency, cut waste, move overages, address shortages
- Unload all inbound freight trucks and accurately process all receiving documents into the inventory system
- Track and update air cargo shipments and schedule route pickups as required
- Supervise security of building and property
- Process all customer returns and document disposition of product with Sales, Merchandising, and QA
- Document and communicate next shift critical issues
- Responsible for initial route planning and communicating early delivery requests to Sales and next shift staff
- Assists management with establishing operations standards for cost control, waste reductions, quality, safety, and on time delivery
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
- Ensures standard of production, quality, safety and equipment are consistent and cost effective to drive maximum productivity
- Execute any additional daily special requests by Management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to delegate
- Lead by example
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to handle multiple & competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Establish and maintain business processes to ensure safety, wholesomeness, and freshness of products.
- Work independently, be reliable, responsible, and dependable
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once.
The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and while performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25-80 pounds. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. Ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate equipment is necessary. The ability to smell in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Trinity Seafood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time