Company: Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the company executive in the management of his/her respective schedules utilizing MS Outlook (planning/coordinating events, meetings, and travel)
- Handle telephone calls and for the executive from both internal and external sources
- Provide administrative support to the company executives in a variety of capacities including, but not limited to telephone coverage, copier projects, mail handling, supplies control, processing of letters/correspondence, events/meeting planning, expense reports, and assisting with completion of specially assigned projects
- Generates reports, handles multiple projects
- Handle multiple tasks with little or no supervision
- Sales order entry
- Maintains efficient workflow by holding direct reports accountable for quality and efficiency of work
- Communicates effectively with all co-workers and outside vendors
- Assume various roles based on departmental shortages (vac., leave, etc.)
- Participate in all weekly staff meetings, maintain ownership of open action items and projects assigned
- Verify and process timesheets, vacation requests; special scheduling requests, etc.
- Provide clerical assistance to President, VP of Operations and VP of Sales
- Other duties may be assigned to meet company needs
- High school diploma; associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an administrative or clerical role.
- Experience interacting and supporting senior leadership (executive) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be very detail oriented and have organizational skills
- Ability to interface well with all departments within the company and to represent the President in a highly professional manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and external contacts to the organization.
- Possess a high degree of proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience with Concur preferred but not required
- Ability to type 45+wpm
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position requires frequent sitting
- Frequent work on computer
- Frequent conversing on telephone
- Occasional standing
- Occasional walking
- Light lifting of up to 20 lbs.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Metropolitan Meat Seafood and Poultry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time