Company: FreshPoint Central Florida
Zip Code: 32809
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
The Safety Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of a prevention-focused health, safety and environmental (HSE) and security program. The position will establish, execute and deliver OpCo-specific strategy that supports Sysco’s overall HSE objectives, including security and crisis preparedness objectives.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects
- Develops, implements, and administers success of the FreshPoint Safe Program, including maintaining a high level of safety awareness. Hire review, coach, and develop the position of safety specialist. Monitoring work, adherence to policy and safety requirement. Issuing discipline when necessary. Review team’s CMP’s regularly to ensure they are on track to meet their goals
- Monitors the safety system and submits appropriate reports to management on a timely basis
- Investigates accidents to identify causes and determines how such accidents might be prevented in the future. Maintains accident records, according to OSHA guidelines (OSHA 300/300A/301 Forms)
- Develops, implements, and conducts safety awareness training for managers, supervisors and employees including new hire safety orientation
- Administers and implements compliance programs required by OSHA and any state-mandated programs. Assists department managers in administering and implementing compliance programs for DOT (with Manager, Routing/Delivery), EPA (with Manager, Facility). Responsible for communication with agencies and successfully passing internal and external audits
- Support creation of HSE goals for the site management and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive HSE culture, compliance and results
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule
- Perform other tasks as requested by the President and/or VP of Operations
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience: 5 years proven safety and risk management
- Ability to drive a pro-active safety culture
- Excellent communication and employee relations skills
- Ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall initiatives and program goals
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 - 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to handle up to 80 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
FreshPoint Central Florida is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time