Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician position is to perform routine maintenance duties and other jobs assigned. Assist with material handling equipment and facilities repairs.
Duties and Essential Functions:
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Complete preventive maintenance on all equipment and machinery within the facility, as noted in the equipment manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Visually inspect and test machinery to detect malfunction. Communicate equipment problems to operations staff as needed.
- Diagnose problems and repair defective machines and equipment with new or repaired parts, following the specifications set forth in manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Set up and break-down of Food Processing equipment
- Building maintenance repairs and up-keep (plumbing repairs, blocked drains, changing lamps & ballasts, light remodeling, etc.).
- Material Handling Equipment: Assist with preventative maintenance/repairs and battery watering services on down time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including Saturday.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Troubleshooting: Able to determine causes of operating errors and decide on most effective and efficient course of action to repair.
- Mechanical Ability: Must be able to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematic and diagrams.
- Repairing: Ability to work on equipment or systems using various types of hand tools, measuring and testing instruments, etc.
- Equipment Maintenance: Able to perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment and determine proper type of corrective maintenance needed.
- Food Processing Equipment: Experience with Food Processing Equipment is a plus
- Tool Use and Organization: Maintain tools and maintenance equipment in working order and maintenance room and work areas in neat condition.
- Must be a safe reliable worker who works well with others and is a team player.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time