Company: Guest Supply
Location: US- CA-Corona
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Inside Sales Territory Manager is responsible for promoting the Company’s products and services and building relationships with new and existing customers by telephone, email, and other electronic means. This position maintains and grows sales of amenities, textiles, room accessories, paper, janitorial supplies, cleaning and FF&E products to hotels, motels and/or management groups for an assigned territory. The main focus of the Inside Sales Territory Manager is to help the Company’s customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals eastablished by the Company.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY AT:
- Increase sales through account penetration by analyzing current sales and volume, planning sales calls and following up. Utilize product knowledge, ROI and analytical research tools (i.e., Phocas, GForce and Salesforce.com) and sales training resources to effectively target new prospects and opportunities.
- Maintain, build, and expand customer relationships via telephone, email or other electronic means.
- Regularly interact and communicate with various internal departments to provide vital information that may be necessary for servicing the customer. This may include advance notification to Merchandising of changes, increased or decreased product movement, new business, changes in proprietary product or other related information. Also provide advance notification to Operations about new customers or any other changes that may affect customer orders or delivery.
- Continuously monitor assigned accounts and take corrective action, as needed, to maintain and improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Regularly communicate with assigned accounts regarding new products and services, company changes, holiday schedules, item changes, and new sales opportunities. Update customer about any pricing/ item changes or information.
- Immediately notify management team if an existing account is in jeopardy of discontinuing service or issues remain unresolved regardless of attempts to correct situation.
- Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure customers pay invoices within agreed upon terms.
- Assists in the set-up of new accounts including the creation of customer order guides, obtaining new account applications, setting up price-rules, establish order/delivery schedules, implement customer/vendor pricing agreements, create files, etc. Coordinate with each appropriate department in order to meet or exceed the customer’s expectation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 2 - 5 years sales experience with proven record of sales success and history of accomplishments.
- Experience in the hospitality or supply industry preferred.
- Experience in relationship sales managing repeat customer orders and up-selling preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to communicate clearly through email and telephone. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, management and associates. Capable of working with others in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Pleasant and professional telephone presence.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
- Ability to think creatively and become solution driven.
- Active listening skills to understand and interpret solution driven selling. Aptitude for processing information and incorporating feedback for interactive business conversation.
- Capacity to convey ideas effectively and sell a variety of products
- Professional demeanor, vibrant personality, and the ability to instill trust with people.
- Goal-oriented and driven self-starter who can work independently within a team environment and strive to be the best.
- Familiarization with customer service activities, interdepartmental communications and general finance concepts is required. Understanding of Sysco’s key business metrics and systems– preferred.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Computer literacy including familiarity in handling and maintaining a customer database and skills that include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook) and Internet navigation.
- Familiarity with Phocas, GForce and Salesforce.com a plus.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, limited travel may be required to attend training sessions, staff meeting, company events, client meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on customer needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Guest Supply is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time