Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Hampton Roads
Zip Code: 23435
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
In Collaboration with the OPCO Produce merchandising manager, facilitate the effective distribution of Category 11 products and services to customers through Sysco Broadline Operating Companies. Establish and execute strategy for the produce category to meet or exceed profitable sales targets. Provide training, product information, and customer service to internal and external customers in support of the distribution of products and services.
- Sales – Merchandising
- Drives produce sales opportunities by collaborating with Produce Manager/Director and Business Resources Partner with Sales and Marketing management in developing successful sales strategy in growing profitable sales and meeting Produce Profit Plan Goals.
- Champion "New Product" sales penetration with sales teams and customers. Communicate to Produce Manager customer insights on product "concept" not yet available in markletplace.
- Develop and implement innovative, impactful produce marketing/promotional agendas.
- Facilitate produce growth by driving MA support through business reviews, customer insight encounters with targeted training and education.
- Schedule and manage category sales training of Marketing Associates in collaboration with the Produce Manager.
- Utilize on-going use of the SalesForce/360 Platform. Active role in MA ride-withs. Include Produce Manager with recap and follow-up strategy.
- Insure broker representation is substantive and measure results. Manage accountability of this resource.
- Develop sales strategies utilizing available contract programs and resources.
- Support Sysco Brand penetration through focused sales team and customer trainings.
- Collaborate with Produce Director/Manager in establishing market relevant margin strategies.
- Collaborate on an ongoing basis with CMU/LCC Account Executives and customers in meeting defined goals to increase produce as a percent to toal sales for this customer type.
- Manage "Targeted" account list. Schedule monthly review with Opco Sales and Produce leadership to review list, provide feebback and quantify results.
- Develop and execute on Category 11 sales and margin growth plan
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combinations of experience and education in lieu of degree required.
- A minimum of 2 years previous food service sales or broker experience in the specialty area preferred
- Produce and Food Service Industry experience preferred
- Foreign language skills a plus; bilingual English/Spanish/French
- Must maintain a valid driver & rsquo;s license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards
- Must maintain current automobile insurance requirements
Integrity & Accountability
- Speaks and acts with complete honesty and trustworthiness.
- Owns mistakes and promptly addresses them.
Flexibility & Adaptability
- Promptly adjusts to new circumstances and modifies approach.
- Demonstrates openness to changes and ideas.
- Challenges status quo; identifies new approaches and spots untapped opportunities
Problem Solving and Decision making
- Anticipates and confronts issues and problems early on.
- Uses facts and selects approaches that will work and have the greatest impact.
Building Effective Relationships
- Proactively initiates connections with key stakeholders and team members. Responds to unexpected problems by encouraging dialogue; avoids volatile reactions and excessive criticism.
- Planning and Organizing: Must establish courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Contributing to Team Success: Associate participates as a member of a Team to help the Team accomplish its goals.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting to new work structures, processes.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and collaborating with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Customer Focus: Educates customers. Shares information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Sets high standards of performance for self- assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing a concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Hampton Roads is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time