Company: Sysco Boston
Zip Code: 02367
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 99 Spring St, Plympton, MA, 02367
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why we’re at the heart of food and service.
This employee controls damaged products as well as product returned to the warehouse from delivery routes.
- Review damage sheets and damaged products to see what is salvageable
- Re-box and re-label when possible and return product to inventory
- Put away dry, cooler, and frozen repacks and returns, keeping slots clear of products put away in incorrect slots.
- Maintain quality of perishable products by ensuring proper rotation, monitor expirations dates, and communicate with inventory control any concerns.
- Relay issues of short dated product to inventory control and handle product as necessary.
- Send product to food bank as needed.
- Verify drivers paperwork and returned merchandise.
- Verify and correct all reason codes are used on
- Break down routes, separating adjustments and clean invoices.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by assisting Inventory Control as needed.
- Put away all returns each day.
- Sort returns and recoup salvageable product.
- Provide coverage for Driver Check In as needed
- Follow all SWMS requirements.
- Any other duties requested by supervision.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to company high risk and sensitive items procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 months experience working with a StandUp Forklift.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Certification on all warehouse equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and peripheral vision.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco Boston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time