Company: FreshPoint South Florida
Location: US-FL-Pompano Beach
Zip Code: 33069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. As a Sysco owned company, we provide the benefits and resources of a fortune 100 enterprise with a real family feel.
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
General Purpose of the Position:
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company's products and services and for building relationships with new and existing retail accounts. The main focus is to help FreshPoint customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase sales in existing accounts and develop business in new accounts utilizing sales tools made available through training, support and physical equipment
- Management of accounts receivable to all accounts in territory
- Accountable for the development of and carrying out a sales plan for his/her territory
- Conduct business in a professional manner consistent with Company guidelines
- Responsible for personal development by actively participating in mandatory sales meetings, in-house workshops, outside training sessions and utilization of the Ultimate Success library
- Responsible for responding to unscheduled customer service requirements
- Responsible for following directives issued in accordance with the development of a successful territory sales and marketing plan
- Responsible for maintaining a current account solicitation schedule.
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience
- 1-2 years of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree
- Basic pc skills, proficiency in excel, experience with Salesforce and MS Outlook
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Ability to work long hours during weekday and weekend
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience
- Produce sales in a retail setting
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time