Company: FreshPoint Central California
Zip Code: 95382
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
FreshPoint is North America’s largest exclusively owned produce distributor. We purchase unique and seasonal products that support local farms and growers. But we’re much more than just produce. At FreshPoint, we’re all about People. Passion. Produce! If you want an opportunity to join a company focused on healthy living, environmental stewardship, and growing not only produce but your career, then read on and find what’s waiting for you at FreshPoint.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Loader will be responsible for loading trucks in a timely and accurate manner. Loaders are responsible for making sure all product gets on truck including holds that are placed by route doors. Compliance with all safety regulations. This is a “safety” sensitive position.
· Employee must pass a background check, pre-employment post offer drug screen and lifting test
· Good communication skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks
· Pass the minimum hiring requirements
· Maintain certification to operate all PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) trained to operate
· Education or experience to fulfill the essential functions and responsibilities with a minimum of 6 months warehouse experience or equivalent experience
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Safe and highly accurate loading of route trucks
· Ability to keep up with order selectors and load in a timely manner
· Insure all holds/shorts are loaded on proper truck
· Turn in completed route logs once truck is loaded
· Nightly clean-up of warehouse
· Proper completion of spoilage report
· Safe operation of forklifts and pallet jacks (after training)
· Follow the PWM’s (Preferred Work Methods) for warehouse
· If required to move/drive company vehicles, employee must have a valid driver’s license and remain insurable under our general liability and auto insurance policy
· Other duties as assigned
· Warehouse environment- temperatures varying from -12 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
· Shifts start between 4:00 and 6:30 p.m. and end when the work is completed
o Shifts generally are between 8 and 10 hours long, overtime as needed
· Work schedule are Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights.
1. Amount of each day spent:
Standing 60% to 70% Walking 10% to 20% Sitting 5% to 10% Total 100 %
2. Employee works: Inside 95% to 100% Outside 0% to 5% Total 100 %
3. While performing the job, employee is required to:
How Often? How Long?
A. Twist/Turn Yes x No Frequently All shift
B. Stoop/Bend Yes x No Frequently All shift
C. Squat Yes x No Frequently All shift
D. Kneel Yes x No Rarely All shift
E. Crawl Yes x No Occasionally All shift
F. Climb Yes x No Occasionally All shift
G. Step up/Step down Yes x No Frequently All shift
H. Balance Yes x No Frequently All shift
I. Walk Above Ground Yes No x
J. Reach Upward Yes x No Occasionally All shift
K. Reach Forward Yes x No Frequently All shift
L. Wrist Rotation Yes x No Frequently All shift
M. Grasping Yes x No Continuously All shift
N. Pinching Yes x No Occasionally All shift
O. Manipulating Objects Yes x No Continually All shift
P. Push/Pull £ 21 – 50 lbs. Yes x No Continually All shift
Q. Push/Pull £ 50 lbs. Yes x No Continually All shift
4. Lifting Requirements**:
1 - 10 lbs. 11 - 20 lbs. 21 - 35 lbs. 36 - 50 lbs. 51 - 75 lbs. 76 - 100 lbs.
Frequently Frequently Frequently Occasionally Occasionally Very rarely
5. Carrying Requirements**:
35 lbs. 50 lbs. 100 lbs.
Frequently Occasionally Very rarely
** Very Rarely = < 1% Rarely = 1-10% Occasionally = 11-33% Frequently = 34-66% Continually = 67% +
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Freshpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.